Here is a quick video on how to set up the machine: https://vimeo.com/242722088
Your owners manual also has detailed setup instructions with photos, and here are a few quick tips to get you started.
Unboxing the machine -- we recommend you keep the packaging in case you want to take the Berlin somewhere, like your office!
1. Remove the eggshell carton from the top of the machine.
2. Leaving the machine in the bag, lift it out of the package.
3. Open the bag and slide it down around the sides of the machine.
4. Take a moment to remove all foil and stickers from your machine.
5. Remove the plastic security ring from your coffee carafe.
Setting up the machine.
1. Plug it in! The power cable will already be inserted into the bottom of your machine.
2. Double check to make sure the cable is firmly inserted in the machine before plugging it into the socket.
3. Once plugged in, a white light will indicate that your machine is ready to rock and roll.
4. Tap the round sensor on the front of your machine to get started. A yellow light will flash, indicating the machine is ready for its first air filter.
5. Find the air filter that came with your machine and scan it into the machine by holding it in front of the sensor panel on the front of your machine. Now unwrap the filter so it can be inserted into the machine.
6. To insert the air filter, gently push in the panel on the top right side of the machine and take out the big black air filter box. You may have to be a little firm with it if it’s stubborn. Open the top of the air filter box and push the flaps asked to insert the air filter. With the air filter safely nestled inside, move the flaps back. It only fits one way but the flaps do take a bit of pressure to close! Re-attach the cover and re-insert into the side of the machine. Then put the outer panel back on by putting the bottom of the panel in first and gently press it back into place. Your air filter is good for 30 brews. Don't worry, you don't have to count, a yellow light will appear on the sensor panel when it is time to replace it!
Making Coffee -- ok, now we are ready to make some amazing coffee!
1. Push the round sensor and scan your selected coffee pouch on the front of the machine.
2. Open the roasting chamber using the simple push-push mechanism. Tear the top of the coffee pouch open along the perforated line, pour your beans into the roasting chamber, and push roasting door close.
3. Your empty pouch has transformed into a coffee filter. Magical! Insert the filter into the filter drawer which is located just above the carafe.
4. Fill the water tank on the left side of the machine (with water only please).
5. With all players in place, push the round sensor on the front of the machine to begin the roast-grind-brew experience!